Saturday, March 24, 2018

Weird day

I woke up this morning thinking I was fine, that my gut troubles were behind me. I felt good! Then, after about an hour, the bloating/ache kicked back in. I still wasn't feeling well when my Uber arrived to take me for my hair cut. Fortunately, the Excedrin took effect just as I got into the chair. Since I was there for color, highlights and cut, it took more than two hours.

By the time I got home, I started to feel ooky again. I took my antibiotic and tried to regroup. I mean, it's Saturday! I deserve a better time than this on Saturday! I went to my favorite coffee shop -- just a few blocks away -- for a late-lunch burger and another chapter of chick-lit. I was fine when I was sitting there, but then, when I got up to walk home, OW! It felt like the longest couple blocks of my life.

I got home, took a nap, felt fine. Started to do laundry because, why not? It's not how I want to spend my Saturday, but I can't drink and I can't socialize because I feel creepy, so laundry seems like a reasonable thing to do. The thing is, going up and down stairs seems to make the cramping worse.

So this is what I've learned today -- I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO MOVE! I need to find a place, plant myself and I'll be fine.

I hate this.


4 comments:

  1. Yikes! So sorry you are having this going on. Bah! Hope you get proper sleep and feel better by the morning. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your results tomorrow are an infection. This sound a bit like pain I live with now, since my last surgery, a deep ache and tug low inside my abdominal cavity. Movement does make it much worse. You might try a heating pad, too, if you have one. I find that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo hiss for feeling yucky! This bout of vertigo I've had since Friday is kicking my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS--You've probably seen this already but I thought of you: http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-saturday-walkouts-liveupdates-paul-mccartney-marches-in-new-york-in-1521910215-htmlstory.html

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.