Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.1) David Lee Roth does a lot of jumping in this video. He credits his flashy moves to his study with marital artist Benny Urquidez. Have you ever tried karate, judo, or jiu-jitzu? Nope
2) Dave claims to be fluent in Spanish. Say something "en español." ¿Cómo están Pablo y Luisa? I don't know Paul and Louise. This was just the way our high school Spanish 101 drill began.
3) Dave appeared as himself in an episode of The Sopranos, playing poker with Tony Soprano. Are you a good poker player? No.
4) Though known for his prowess on the guitar, Eddie Van Halen wrote the opening of this song at the keyboard when he was still new to the synthesizer. When did you recently venture outside your comfort zone? Was it a success? I'm working on building a web page so I can showcase my work online. It's slow going.
5) Eddie's older brother Alex is the Van Halen drummer and his son, Wolfie, began touring with the band in 2007. Have you ever worked with a family member? No.
6) Van Halen's first manger was Marshall Berle. Mr. Berle's uncle was Milton Berle. Does the name Milton Berle mean anything to you? A staggeringly unfunny comedian from the early days of television.
7) In 1984, when this song was popular, AT&T/Bell Telephone was broken up into 24 separate companies. Today, who is your phone provider? TMobile
8) Also in 1984, Michael Jackson was severely burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. Would we find any Pepsi in your kitchen right now? There's a 1L bottle on my counter (because it's too tall to fit in the cabinet). I drink Coke by preference, but this was on sale and I thought it will do in a pinch. If only it fit in the cabinet.
9) Random question: Have you ever been so angry that you kicked or hit an inanimate object? I've given this considerable thought and no, I haven't. I'm more of a thrower.