Friday, January 12, 2018

Oh, Reynaldo!

Today my little man had major dental work. In addition to a thorough cleaning, he had one of his molars removed. It required anesthetic and pain meds and stitches. It was miserable for him.

He's home now. Sleeping soundly -- very soundly! -- in his favorite wintertime spot in front of the radiator. But when he wakes up, he'll be sore and I have a week's worth of additional pain meds for him. (Though the vet thinks a week's worth is a precaution; Rey should be feeling much better by Sunday.)

I'm exhausted. I worried about him all day, while he was under the knife. Now I'm exhausted with worry about his current condition. I love the little beige demon, and his welfare is my responsibility.

I don't know how people with children do it.



1 comment:

  1. I hope Rey is back to his rascally self soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.