Friday, December 15, 2017

My top 10 books of 2017

Compiled by Goodreads, inspired by Kwizgiver, and in a format stolen from Casey Kasem. I recommend them all. I gave 10 through 3 each ****, while 2 and 1 absolutely earned their *****'s.

10. Robert B. Parker's Wonderland: A Spenser Novel by Ace Atkins
9. Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
8. Kennedy and Nixon by Chris Matthews
7. Prince Charles by Sally Bedell Smith
6. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
5. Royal Sisters by Anne Edwards
4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
3. Jackie's Girl by Kathy McKeon
2. Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi with Curt Gentry

And now, here's #1!
1. Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter by Kate Clifford Larson. This book touched me deeply and will stay with me forever. It's a tragedy that shaped the Kennedys and therefore affected all our lives in ways I never realized. The Special Olympics, The Americans with Disabilities Act are just two of the far-reaching ways Rosemary's life influenced ours. To paraphrase the author, Rosemary mattered. God bless this heartbreaking woman.





1 comment:

  1. I picked this up! Will probably read it in the New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.