Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Staying focused



FOCUS
verb
to concentrate: to focus one's thoughts


I want to end 2017 by being able to point to concrete achievements. To do that, I must focus

I love the baked spaghetti pie at a local restaurant. I really, really love it. It's gooey. It's yummy. If I could, I'd marry it.

Today, after I voted, I could have just walked up the street and rewarded myself with that fantastic spaghetti pie. But I didn't. I came home and had a hot dog and salad, all with ingredients found in my refrigerator.

I had time. I had cash in my wallet. But I kept going because I kept my focus. After all, I just voted to increase my own property taxes. If that referendum passes, it's another $30/month that I have to find somewhere in my already weary budget.

2 comments:

  1. That's great. That is quite an accomplishment. I spent money I don't have yesterday, so I'm going to admire your impulse control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!