Wednesday, October 19, 2016

That hurt

I won't lie: I couldn't stand watching last night's game. Six-to-fucking-nothing. Against Jake! The once indomitable Jake Arrieta got hammered. And Big Rizz! His slump causes me almost physical pain because he's such a great kid: a cancer survivor who gives back to the community and plays with such joie de vivre.

As the game started to get away, I moved to the den, began organizing the mess and listened on the radio. I thought being productive and hearing Pat Hughes call the game would life my mood.

It didn't.

This did, though. I love Joe Maddon. He's right, you know. It's a best-of-seven series. We're down 2-1, but we can even it up tonight. Go, Cubs, go!



3 comments:

  1. Ugh!!!! So hard to watch. I essentially did the same as you. I went to read and refreshed the score on my phone. I love Joe's attitude. It's just that these next two are still away. We need to find our bats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ain't over till it's over. Sometimes a horrible loss is all that's needed to kick it into gear. Good luck Cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!