Monday, October 24, 2016

Still hasn't sunk in


I have wanted to see the Cubs in the World Series for my whole life. And now I will.

I can't really believe it.

I woke up this morning and saw it on the news. I checked my cell and saw it had virtually exploded with texts. I got messages on Facebook and email from people I haven't heard from in months/years. I read the warm and welcome messages from folks on this blog. I'm grateful that so many people thought of me when they heard the news.

But I really can't believe it.

It was a beautiful Sunday. Unseasonably warm, sunny and dry under a Cubbie blue sky. Those of us wearing Cubbie gear greeted one another on the street. Stores had W's in the window. I bought my official shirt.


 But I really can't believe it.


3 comments:

  1. Again, I am so happy for you and your Cubbies. Our City Manager here in Lakeland is a huge Cubs fan, as is a good friend of mine in Orlando. I'm happy for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm as excited for you as I was when the Red Sox beat their curse and won the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a wonderful thing for all the Cubby fans...enjoy every moment! Go Cubs!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!