Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Stealing

Easter Meme
 
Five Things I Have a Passion for: 

•  American history. For example, I was tickled to discover this fellow. He is the earliest American Easter bunny, painted on a tile as a gift to a child, from approximately 1795. I love this stuff.

•  Animal welfare. Cats and dogs are like corks on the water, they go where the waves (or we) send them. That makes us responsible for their health and happiness. I feel this keenly.

•  The Beatles. The Lads from Liverpool shaped my world view of just about everything, and I'm eternally grateful.

•  The 1960s. The Beatles. Civil Rights. The Kennedys. Motown. The space race. It's the decade that changed everything. I can't get enough of what we now call "mid-century."

•  The Cubs. This could be the year!

Five Things I'd Like to Learn Before I Die: 

•  Spanish
•  Organization
•  Self discipline
•  Technology (I admit I'm having a hard time keeping up)
•   Um .... You got me on #5
 

Five Things I Say A Lot:

•  Where are my sunglasses?
•  What the fuck?
•  Sorry I'm so late.
•  Why do they hate us? (In regards to management sticking four of us in a crappy clown car of an office)
•  I could, if I was someone else entirely!
 

Five Books and/or Magazines I Have Read Lately: 

•  White Collar Girl by Renee Rosen (Novel)
•  Talk Show/Brief Encounters by Dick Cavett (Memoirs)
•  Cheap Shot by Ace Atkins (Mystery)
•  Franklin and Lucy by Joseph Persico (Biography)
•  US and People (because I love William, Kate, George and Charlotte)

The Italian poster
Five Favorite Movies:

•  The Way We Were
•  Mary Poppins
•  Psycho
•  Summer Stock
•  A Hard Day's Night

5 comments:

  1. I don't recall Summer Stock... it sounds familiar but it might be because it's one I've always meant to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The early bunny picture is totally impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a passion for animal welfare. We have to be the voice for those that do not have a voice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. Love the early Easter Bunny! Very interesting that the Beatles shaped your worldview on everything; I'm sad I missed that period in history. Right there with you on animal welfare!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!