Sunday, November 08, 2015

Sunday Stealing

The Big, Bad Meme


Is there anyone else in the room with you at this moment? What are they doing? Nope. It's just little ol' me.

Do you show your teeth when you smile, or do you prefer smiling with your lips closed? When I'm posing for a photo, I'm careful to control my upper lip when I smile. Otherwise I can look a little gummy.

Would you rather be told the truth, even if it isn’t what you want to hear? Depends on who's doing the telling, and if what they're saying is an absolute truth. If it's an opinion about something superficial -- like a coworker doesn't like my cologne -- keep it to yourself.

What is something that you plan to buy, as soon as you’ve saved up the money for it? New tile for my bathroom walls! Gawd, I hate it in there!

Do you play Sudoku? No

Have you ever had a migraine? Not recently, and I'm grateful for that. Migraines are murder.

What was the last book you read for pleasure? The Chocolate Cat Caper. It's just as lightweight as the name implies. But I've been reading biographies lately that have gotten me involved emotionally. It's a nice change of pace to read something inconsequential.

What was the last item of clothing you purchased for yourself?  Just today I bought myself a green Izod pullover for $2.50 at Goodwill. I went over there to drop off a bag of clothes and wandered around a moment, checking the pricing to make sure the fair market value I declare to Uncle Sam is close to true. And wouldn't you know? I fell in love with a cable knit sweater on the rack. Yea for me!

Your first serious relationship, do you still talk to him/her? No. His mom died earlier this year. I sent flowers, because his mother had stayed close to mine and I think my mom would have wanted me to. I didn't hear anything back and that's just fine. I was a little worried I would, and then what would I say to him?

Who is the last person you texted? A former coworker who wanted to share some industry gossip.
 
How close is your family? My niece and nephew like me, and I have a cousin (mom's side) and an aunt (dad's side) in Florida that I correspond with. But my sisters and I are not at all simpatico.

Is there anything too serious to be joked about? Yes. I do not joke about another person's faith or race or infirmity. I'm one of those insufferably PC people some complain about.

Do you like to understand and have good knowledge of things? Yes. Why on earth would anyone answer "no" to this?

What is worse? Back pain or shoulder pain? Back pain. It's impossible to get comfortable when your back hurts.

Have you ever almost fallen off of something high off the ground? Of course.

What’s one fruit you love in drinks? This afternoon I had a peach bellini, so I'll say peach.

What is something simple that you’re afraid of? Air travel.
   
Has this weekend been good? The weather's been good -- sunny and 55º. The company was good -- lunch with my niece and her boyfriend. But I feel crappy because a nascent cold is sapping my strength.

 How much time do you take to get ready in the morning? It takes me forever to get ready in the morning because I keep getting distracted. I'm very much an "Oh, look! A squirrel!" kinda gal when I'm preparing to go out.
 
 Last movie you watched in theaters and with whom? The Seventh Victim is a 1943 horror film that was screened by my classic movie group to celebrate Halloween.



1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better very soon.
    I'm into my third day of a migraine. It's good to hear that you don't have them that often.
    Hope you get that new tile soon. Something soothing and Gorgeous! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.