1) Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself? Very. I find alone time rejuvenating.
2) Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that "Stay with Me" was really just "I Won't Back Down." Petty and Lynne won. Have you ever served on a jury? Just last month. It was a civil case, with a woman suing the City of Chicago because she tripped in a pothole and messed up her leg. I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the experience, but I feel strongly that if we're called, we should serve.
3) Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave's final episode last May? Yes. I remember being happy to see Steve Martin and Bill Murray with Dave.
4) Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with "massive voices," including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often? Amy. Here she is singing one of my all-time favorite songs.
5) Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions? Ugh. No.
6) "Occasions" is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller? Good, but not great.
7) Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope? It's been ages.
8) Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you? I'm reliable and I have been ambitious. I don't think I've ever been organized.
9) Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile? Carpet.