Sunday, August 23, 2015

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 22

Saturday's Happy Cone goes to my new Bissell Aeroswift 1009. It was the cheapest vacuum clearner at Bed, Bath and Beyond (even cheaper because I used one of those ubiquitous coupons they keep sending me), and yet it works very well. It's light, the cup is easy to clean, and it picked up enough fur for me to build a second Reynaldo.

I needed this vacuum because the cord on my ancient Dirt Devil upright was frayed and dangerous. That sucker is easily 12-15 years old, and the technology has progressed so much in that time. It was considered "lightweight" back in the day,
but now I'm dreading the hassle of hauling it down to the dumpster.

I'm also proud of myself for having actually used my new little Bissell Aeroswift 1009. Besides grocery shopping and laundry, I've done precious little that's productive over my extended weekend away from work and The Big Project.

What's that you say? What's the August Happiness Challenge?

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.


If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy chocolate cone. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find.

2 comments:

  1. I need to vacuum. Thankfully, I don't have shedding issues. Other than my own shedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought a vacuum and vacuumed with it. That *is* a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.