1) This song is about an afternoon visit between a father and son. What are your plans for Saturday afternoon? I don't have any specific plans. Just general ones, that include laundry, naps and The Cubs vs. Minnesota.
2) The lyrics talks about enjoying an ice cream cone. Do you have any ice cream in your freezer right now? Not ice cream. Outshine frozen fruit bars. They're "berry delicious," you know.
3) Sam's father hates it when she swears. When is the last time you cursed? Friday afternoon. Specifically, I said, "What the fuck?" I wasn't angry. I was genuinely confused.
4) In a recent ranking of movie dads, Mufasa (Lion King) and Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird) got very high marks. Who is your favorite movie or TV father? Mayberry's Andy Taylor would be my choice. He has to be a great dad. Look how well Opie turned out.
5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. When you take a trip, do you bring back souvenirs? I'm big on sending postcards. It's a dying custom. My 14-year-old nephew recently told me that I'm the only one who has ever sent him one. It's cheaper and easier to post vacation photos to your Facebook feed. But I can be very sentimental, so I continue sending postcards.
6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Who taught you how to drive? Coach Brown. Neither of us wanted to be in that driver's ed car.
7) Sam's own father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Would you rather receive a gift that someone chose, even though it might not be just right, or do you prefer a gift card or cash so you can get exactly what you want? I appreciate gifts, no matter what!
8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill? A rib eye on my George Foreman grill.
9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually want something sweet or salty? Lately it's been salty. Cheesey and salty. Like Cheetos.