Friday, December 19, 2014

I almost cried!

Got in this morning to find a big giftbag on my chair. Inside was a faux leather tote, similar to this one, but in cognac. Huh? What? Who? Why?

It was from one of my coworkers. She left last week for India, to visit her parents and her in-laws, but left instructions with one of my officemates to give it to me today, my last work day before Christmas. Even better than was the note:

"To the most thoughtful person I've ever had the good fortune of knowing. You spread the holiday cheer year around."

No, really!

It feels like people often view me as hard or tough. And I can be when I have to be. But I do work at being a good Christian, thinking of others and letting them know I value them. Apparently this 20-something across the way from me at work sees who I strive to be, even if I often fall short.

This unexpected present brought me so much joy today!

 
 PS This bag is going to Key West with me. I'll take a photo of it on the beach, to show my coworker how much I enjoy her gift.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool surprise! Also cool that you're going to Key West... one of my favorite places! If you see a mouse sitting on top of a cat sitting on top of a dog, say hello to them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! It makes me happy when people recognize those kinds of things and in unexpected ways. One of my co-workers at YOPOE is the invisible angel. She knows all, does whatever is needed and doesn't toot her own horn. So, I tooted it for her and nominated her for the quarterly "Extraordinary Employee" award and she won! (It has to go through many channels and get approved by Jesus and everyone so it's not a small thing.) She received a $500 award and a beautiful engraved crystal memento but mostly what she deep down really wanted was some acknowledgement. (And I knew that so that's what I aimed for.)

    When I heard she won, I was happier than you can imagine. All this to say that the giver gets as much as she gives in lots of cases like this.

    I know your co-worker will love seeing you sporting her beautiful bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat! I can't wait to see it at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How thoughtful and kind!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.