Monday, April 14, 2014

Wow. Just wow.

When I was a kid, my oldest friend and I used to play with her Mattel Creeple People Thingmaker. We poured plastic Goop into trays, heated it in the Thingmaker, and then had creepy plastic people to play with. Actually, we never played with them. The fun was in the making, not in the playing. I've never forgotten the smell of the Goop in the Thingmaker.

Good thing. Because when I got home this evening, I smelled it in my kitchen. Accompanied by an unfamiliar hum.

Much to my horror, I discovered that one of my stove burners had been on. Perhaps for hours. And the Creeple People smell came from my bag of laundry supplies, which was perched atop the stove. My guess is that Reynaldo walked across the back of the stove, where the on/off buttons are, and turned it on.

Thank God I didn't work out after work Monday night. Thank God I didn't stop at the store on the way home for milk.

Thank God.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad no one was hurt and your losses were minimal, though I'm sure your place needs a good airing out! Hope you're doing okay this morning. No "creeple people" headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...that could have been very bad...never put clothes near the stove..or anything!
    darn cat!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!