1) This song is about a woman passionate about love and willing to pursue it, no matter what "they say." Are you fearless when it comes to public opinion? Or do you worry about what "they" think of you? The older I get, the less I care.
2) Melissa's father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you. I had an American History teacher in high school who made the past feel relevant. Very theatrical, to keep us all interested. Ahead of the curve in introducing other media (movies like The Candidate). I remember being shocked to learn that he sold ties at Marshall Field's over Christmas break. He worked so hard in his classes! He should make a living wage teaching.
3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it? My office.
4) Which TV game show do you think you'd do better on -- The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune? Wheel of Fortune
5) Are you neat and organized? Ha!
6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair? When I was in the hospital two years ago. I'm not kidding. It takes losing an internal organ or two to keep me from the shampoo.
7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or
a fork? Fork. I'm hopeless with chopsticks.
8) Are you a good cook? Well, I'm a better cook than housekeeper, which is sooooo not saying much.