1) This is a sad song about unrequited love. What's your favorite love song, and is it happy or sad? "You Don't Know Me." It's an incredibly sad song, but I love it. As do many others. It's been sung by everyone from Elvis to Meryl Streep.
2) This song is from the Grease soundtrack. When that movie came out in 1978, the price of a postage stamp was just 15¢. When's the last time you visited the post office? I mailed a package about a week/10 days ago. I love the APC machine because I can do just about everything there without dealing with the uniformly rude postal workers. (I know it's a cliche, but they really are reliably the most unpleasant people!)
3) Not many people know that Olivia's maternal grandfather, Max Born, won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1954. Share something about yourself that we might not have known before this morning. I was a unibrow in high school and spent hours and hours tweezing and plucking. This amazes me now because with time my brows have become sparse and pale.
4) Olivia's father was an officer in MI5, the UK's secret service. Sam's most recent run-in with the authorities had less intrigue or glamor, as it included a policeman pointing out the stop sign she'd somehow missed. Tell us about your most recent encounter with law enforcement. A local cop tucked his business card into the mail slot of one of my neighbors. "Call me right away!!" Yes, he wrote two exclamation marks. I wish I knew what it was about.
5) Olivia is part owner of an exclusive, luxury retreat called Gaia. If you had a day of free access to a heated pool, golf course, tennis court, gym, and day spa, but could only use one, which one would you choose? Spa. Facial, massage, pedi. Makeup tips would be nice, too.
6) Are you flirtatious? Yes, it's true. There are men out there with whom I have flirted.
7) Do you more often wear silver, gold, or platinum? Silver. And my birthday is next month, in case you were wondering what to get me ...
8) When you're on the phone, do you usually make the first move toward ending the call? Or do you find it hard to say goodbye? Usually I hate hanging up. Unless it's with my friend from the Keys. He only has a cell, not a landline, and it's kind of shitty and cuts out or drops the call completely and I get frustrated. We call each other back, we get busy signals, we call each other back again ... I'm always tempted to just call it quits when that happens.
9) Would you rather be smarter, richer, or more attractive than you are right now? Richer.