Friday, October 04, 2013

From Mike to Big to Peter

Watching a vintage episode of Law & Order and am happy to see Chris Noth as Mike Logan. His streetwise, proudly Irish Catholic and so-hot-he's-cool cop has always been one of my favorites.

In addition to Logan, he's been Big, Carrie's one true love on Sex and the City. Though they were both New Yorkers, Mike Logan would have been contemptuous of Big's "go first class or don't go at all" mentality, whereas Big would probably walk right past Nolan without noticing him.

I keep meaning to watch The Good Wife, Noth's latest show. I know his Peter is a quintessential Cook County politician -- which means, unfortunately, that he has a parole officer.

It occurs to me that with that track record, Noth has worked regularly and appeared in our living rooms almost nonstop for more than 20 years. I bet more people have seen his work than Brad Pitt's, and yet Pitt is considered a bigger star. Certainly Brad is a more attractive gossip/paparazzi target.

I think if I was an actor, I'd prefer a career like Noth's. He's known for his characters, not his private life.




2 comments:

  1. I think I'd like a career like Noth's more, too. I love him on all three shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the biggest fan of The Good Wife and that is where I first found Noth. I just recently began to watch Law & Order and seeing him so young has been awesome. I never watched a single episode of Sex In The City...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.