Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WWW.WEDNESDAY

To play along, just answer the following three questions …

 

• What are you currently reading? I'm juggling two: The Prince, The Showgirl and Me by Colin Clark, the diary that was the inspiration for the Michelle Williams movie, My Week with Marilyn, and The Accused, by Lisa Scottoline. It isn't that I'm not enjoying The Accused (a Rosato and Associates mystery), it's that it hasn't completely captured my imagination the way some in the series have. The Monroe book is fun. but it's also interesting to me from a pop cultural standpoint. Marilyn seems remarkably contemporary in problems and attitude, even though she's been gone for 50 years. Maybe that's why her allure endures.


• What did you recently finish reading? The Cat Who Smelled a Rat by Lillian Jackson Braun. I thought I'd plowed through all the Cat Who … books, and then I found this one on the shelf at the public library. It's lighter than air -- less substantial even than The Accused. But it was charming, as this series can be when it's at its best.


• What do you think you’ll read next? Still waiting on deck is The Last Word by Lisa Lutz. Rumored to be the last installment in the entertaining Spellman Family saga.

To see how others responded, click here.


1 comment:

  1. I never really know what my next book will be unless it's book group time. I have so many books yet I keep buying more.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.