Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Another day

I'm beginning to assume that my job is safe for now. I think our new management -- both internationally and in Chicago -- are getting to know one another before deciding what to do.

It's mind boggling to think of all the change that's happened in the last two months: we were part of a multinational merger, with tons of talk about "conflicts" and "efficiencies"* … one CEO resigned and the very day it was announced a new one took his place ... our top creative resigned, leaving on the 31st, and a search has begun to replace him. And I thought summer was traditionally a slow time!

Of the 375 people who work in this office, approximately 90 of us are creatives. So I suppose it's possible that if cuts come, they will come from other areas.

What does all this mean? Hell if I know.

I guess I just have to try to roll with it. "Rolling with it" is not one of my natural gifts.
 
 

*Corporate speak for layoffs

5 comments:

  1. good news :0)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you've got a breather for now. Happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my friend just lost here with health dept amazing and some would have us believe the world is better not here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good attitude to have! There is not much you can do to change it, so just wait and see... and sometimes seemingly bad things (like getting laid off) end up leading to way better things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping this is a good reprieve for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.