Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I hate the Trayvon Martin case

An unarmed teenage boy is dead. Shot while en route to his father's house. And it appears that no laws have been broken.

The armed neighbor who admits pulling the trigger was asked by the authorities to stay in his vehicle and he didn't. Apparently that's not against the law, either.

I do not envy the jury. This case is completely awful. It's very possible that, for them, doing their duty and following the law will mean not doing the thing that feels right.

There are those who believe this case is about race. From where I sit, it's about guns. It's been my experience that the people who want to carry guns are the very ones I wish couldn't.

I hate guns.


3 comments:

  1. i hate the evil that is our world. evil people need not have guns. guns should be used for hunting animals to provide food, not to hunt and kill people.
    so many lies...who can we believe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been avoiding this case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100%, word-for-word.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.