Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 7

Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you're most afraid of

1) An airplane crash. Specifically the few seconds before. The screaming and the pandemonium as my fellow travelers and I realize the inevitable. Shudder!

2) Losing my independence. "Old age is a shipwreck." So said President Kennedy after seeing his father incapacitated by a stroke. My father, too, had a massive stroke. My uncle was brought down, painfully and slowly, by Parkinson's Disease. I hate the thought of being that vulnerable.

Hey! This was cheery! I haven't read these in advance, so I don't know what tomorrow brings. But I hope it's a little rosier!


2 comments:

  1. I tried not to dwell on my more irrational fears and went with the biggie--being incapacitated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are terrible! I'd be afraid of them too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!