I just found a blog that was a rich source of facts and stats about that which brings us together.
1) America is home to approximately 31,000,000 bloggers
2) More men than women blog. It's a 60/40 split.
3) Wordpress and Blogger are the two most popular platforms.
4) Caucasians represent the largest (48%) single blogging ethnicity.
5) It's hard to make a blog pay. More than 80% of bloggers will never make more than $100 from their blog.
6) But 2% earn $150,000/year blogging from exotic locations.
7) More people blog than post. Wordpress estimates that there are 500,000 posts/day but only 400,000 comments.
8) 329,000,000 people view at least one blog each day.
9) 60% of all businesses and corporations have a company blog.
10) 65% of those business haven't updated that company blog in more than a year.
11) Most blogs (66%) are in English.
12) Only 1% of posts are published in Swedish.
13) Successful bloggers -- as defined by those who get the most hits -- explain their content through each post's headline.