Friday, February 22, 2013

Wasn't she something?

Forget Angelina Jolie and her silly leg pose. THIS, ladies and gentleman, is a star.



Tonight I'm kicking off Oscar weekend by watching Butterfield 8. It's a fairly run-of-the-mill soapy movie that's elevated by a positively electric performance by Elizabeth Taylor, who (obviously) won the gold statuette that year. When she was good in a movie, when the role fit her unique talents (and Gloria Wandrous was one of those roles), you can't take your eyes off her.


1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you. I have read several bios of Liz and she was just such an example of a star!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.