Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Thursday Thirteen #205

 THIRTEEN POPULAR COLD REMEDIES

Like everyone else in my office, I have a cold. And I'm completely preoccupied by it. So here are the thirteen most popular items in the "Cold, Allergy, Sinus & Flu" aisle of the online shopping service, Peapod.

1) Conventional cough drops (Halls, Ricola, Luden's)
2) Vicks Vapo-Rub
3) Vicks NyQuil
4) CareOne Saline Nasal Spray
5) Zyrtec 24-Hour Allergy Relief
6) Coricidin Cold & Flu Tablets
7) Coldeeze homeopathic cough drops
8) Vicks DayQuil
9) Mucinex Expectorant
10) Afrin Nasal Spray
11) Allegra 24-Hour Allergy Relief
12) Robitussin Cold and Cough Syrup
13) Breathe Right Nasal Strips

I took Zycam at the beginning of my cold and, while it certainly did a number on my gut, I believe it has lessened the severity of the cold. And now I'm taking #8, Vicks DayQuil.

What about you? What do you take when you have a cold? 


For more about the Thursday 13,

or to play along yourself, click here.

8 comments:

  1. I swear by Alka-Seltzer Plus cold tablets during the day and good old Nyquil at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take garlic capsules and try to eat more stuff with onion in it. I also use nasal saline, gargle with an interesting mixture of vinegar, tabasco sauce, salt, and honey, and try to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have high blood pressure so I take Coricidin HBP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE afrin just to be able to breathe... I had no idea it was addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:17 PM

    rum

    Doesn't help the cold, but, well, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing for this list. Seems the whole household is sniffling, coughing, and sneezing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Ron's response. Hope you're feeling better soon, and manage to avoid the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could "like" the rum comment! My cold remedies include really spicy Thai food to clear the sinuses. Hot tea with honey. Dayquil/Nyquil and lots of rest. And increased vitamins- EmergenC and Juice Plus. I'm currently nursing a sore throat and hoping it doesn't bloom into ANOTHER full blown cold. Thanks for this list!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.