Saturday, December 01, 2012

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing: The Not So Manly Meme


1. Boxers? Briefs? Boxer briefs? Thongs? Bikinis? Commando? This lady prefers Hanes Her Way cotton panties.


2. What’s your fussiest personal care routine? I'm always careful to exfoliate before I apply antioxidants and moisturizer.

3. Do you have a favorite tool? Power or manual? This is why I have a handyman.

4. Can you change your own oil? Do you? I take trains and buses and they employ mechanics for this very purpose.

5. What’s the “manliest / 'womenliest” thing you do on a regular basis? Linger at the cosmetic counter.

6. What’s something “manly” that you never learned how to do? Urinate on a tree

7. Do you ever cry? If so, what’s your trigger? I'm not a big crier. But certain movies do set off the waterworks.

8. Do you have a chivalrous streak? How does it manifest itself? Yes. And it's manifesting itself by my being so polite that I don't tell you what I really think of you providing the link with the definition.

9. Do you have a chauvinistic streak? How does it manifest itself? Gee, I don't know. What does "chauvinistic" mean? OH, WAIT! That's just my sarcastic streak manifesting itself.

10. What’s your favorite movie? The Way We Were. I believe this is the 21st mention of it on this blog.
 
11. What’s the dumbest, testosterone-inspired thing you’ve ever seen? Adolescent boys on their bikes and skateboards. They display little fear and less sense. 

12. What quality do you think makes a good man good? Do you have that quality? Not unlike the quality that makes a woman good -- integrity. And yes, I try to display it.

13. Toilet seat up or down? Really?

14. If your significant other is away, do you cook for yourself or eat out of cans and boxes (or rely on local drive-throughs and delivery)? I rely on drive throughs and delivery regardless of the company.

15. What societal expectation of being a man / women do you most resent? Huh?


16. What’s the best part - societal-wise - about being a man / women? This meme reminds me of the conversations leading up the Billie Jean King-Bobby Riggs tennis tournament ... in 1973.


17. Will you stop to ask for directions? Of course.

18. What’s one thing about your significant other that you just cannot understand, no matter how hard you try? Why doesn't he leave Pam Dawber for me?

19. What do you need to have in the shower? Shampoo and conditioner..

20. Do you burp/fart/scratch? Do you do anything stereotypically male? I don't think it's possible for anyone go through life without ever burping/farting/scratching. As far as doing something "stereotypically male" ... hmmmm .... I guess my passionately following the Cubs year after year might be considered more masculine than feminine. (Or maybe just more optimistic than pessimistic.)




7 comments:

  1. My absolutely favorite movie. When I hear her The Way We Were I tear up every time. The movie puts me over the edge. I am a crier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time answering some of these questions without a plain yes or no, so I just didn't answer some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hanes Her Way. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. I decided today to NEVER answer what my favorite movie was again. Now I answer abut the "latest". Bad or good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your #18 makes me question the devotion Josh Holloway has to his wife. Maybe one day they will both get it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #18 He is quite a piece of eye candy, no? :) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good show! Perhaps the world is running out of good questions, I have looked at several this week that all included love or movies. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.