Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas under the el tracks

Miller's Pub is a Chicago tradition, open since 1935. Every governor (even the incarcerated ones) has dined there. So have Marilyn and Frank. When John Lithgow was in town performing The Sweet Smell of Success, he was an apres show regular.

And today, my friend Mindy and her husband, John and I met there to celebrate the holiday. While I have done my due diligence and kept up with all both of them, Mindy and John haven't seen each other in nearly 25 years!

I appreciate the laughter and the good times. I am also giving myself a little pat on the back for being the hub that brought us together again. I will watch the DVD Mindy gave me (HBO's Girls) and she and her husband seemed to really appreciate the personalized frame designed for photos of their sons on their piano. (John is unemployed so he wasn't involved in the gift exchange, and that's cool.)

I know Mindy and I will get together next year at Christmastime. We always do. I hope next year the boys will join us again, too.


2 comments:

  1. so happy to hear the joy of Christmas was with good friends...aren't friend our just the best?
    Merry Christmas Gal, praying you have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the hub, indeed! The kind of friend I wish I was.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.