Friday, September 28, 2012

998 miles

That's how far apart my best friend and I are.

He's getting depressed and feeling isolated as his unemployment drags into its third month. I came unglued today when I thought a client reorg would put me among the ranks of the unemployed, as well. We spoke for about a half hour, me pacing around the lobby of my office building because my office itself is filled with three coworkers.

I wish we could be together. We get one another and, since we're both suffering, we could comfort one another.

But it is what it is. We'll have to settle for email and phone.


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. I said to Kathy that I'd miss you the most...

    But, if you'd email you number (or ask for mine) we can be phone friends (or just email) too.

    I hate reading how everyone will miss this, 'cause I will miss it too. I just don't have time for this and new projects....

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.