Saturday, August 18, 2012
1. What do you think is the most unique thing about your generation? That there are so many of us, and that we refuse to leave center stage. (I'm a Boomer.)
2. Do you speak out as often as you should? Yes and no. I'm too noisy about some things and too passive about others. When it comes to this, I'm like Mary Todd Lincoln, who once said, "I do the wrong things well."
3. How often are you tough and unreasonable? "Never," she said, smiling modestly.
4. Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success? Yes, unpleasant though that is.
5. Do you feel that you always have to win? Clearly not. After all, I'm a lifelong Cub fan.
6. Do you think tradition matters? Yes. I always surprise myself with how sentimental I can be.
7. Do you tend to root for the underdog? Always. After all, I'm a lifelong Cub fan.
8. Have you ever felt that you want to exceed your parents’ successes? I never looked at it that way. My life is so very different than theirs.
9. Of all the cartoon characters that you know of, which is most like you? Mr. Peabody. I'd love a Wayback Machine.