These are the thoughts and observations of me — a woman of a certain age. (Oh, my, God, I'm 60!) I'm single. I'm successful enough (independent, self supporting). I live in the burbs and work in the city (Chicago, the best city in the world). I'm an aunt, a friend and a colleague. I feel that voices like mine are rather underrepresented online or in print. So here I am. If my musings resonate with you, please visit my blog again sometime.
1. Do you ever feel like you are nowhere? Ever? Of course, on occasion. But it doesn't last long.
2. Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around
you? I either try to see the humor in the situation, or I send my mind to the happy place.
3. Do you feel that career should be more important than
your love life? No, but I'm better at it.
4. In what way do you feel that you are unique? I'm smart and I think fast on my feet.
5. Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to
hide from most people? Yes.
6. Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you
truly knew it was already over? Ever? Of course, on occasion. But it doesn't last long. I know that was my verbatim answer to #1, but it also works here.
7. Would you say that you are a winner in this game of life? The game isn't over yet, so I can't say for sure.
8. Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet
still happy? In my late teens when I got my first apartment. I was all alone, by myself, completely independent, and thrilled by the experience. Even being broke seemed like part of my Ann Marie-in-New York/That Girl fantasy. (Though how she afforded all those clothes with her spotty employment history remains a mystery to me.)
you think staying celibate between relationships important? I don't think it's any of anyone's business but yours.