Saturday, March 03, 2012
Before we start, I encourage you to take a moment and watch Davy swing a mean tambourine.
1. How much do you worry about your future? Being dependent on others, unable to care for myself. I saw what Parkinson's Disease did to my uncle ... cruel and devastating.
2. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect? Nope.
3. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Right now, in my wallet is a lottery ticket I haven't checked yet.
4. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need? Oh, I don't know how to quantify these things! When my friend Kathleen went into labor, I went to the hospital with her and stayed until her husband arrived. Since I have never had a baby myself, I was surprised that she wanted me with her. But I was honored, though scared, and I learned a lot from the experience.
5. What did you do lately that was really brave? I trusted my best friend with a pair of the ickier and most complicated issues that cloud my life right now. I was afraid he'd think this was all too freaky. On the one hand, I thought it would be a relief to unburden myself to him but on the other hand I was afraid he'd think it was all too crazy. I'm not sure it was the smart thing to do, but it was brave.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do. See above. My best friend is more comfortable talking about the mating habits of the rare polymita snail than these particular problems.
7. Who is the wisest person you know? It depends on the situation.
8. What's the most tasteless joke you've ever heard? Nothing springs to mind. And I'm fine with that.
9. What does your answering machine / voice mail message say? It's a robotic voice in a message supplied by my phone company: The caller at XXX-XXX-XXXX is unavailable right now. Please leave a message.