Monday, March 05, 2012

A new homeowner experience

I have to buy a new toilet. My handyman will pick it up for me and install it on Wednesday, March 14. I haven't ever shopped for a toilet and don't know that I care what I sit on.

But it is a learning experience. Toilets can be very inexpensive -- there are a variety that are less than $200! And the handyman won't charge me more than another $200. So while this is not an expense I planned for or welcome, I do have a slush fund for emergencies of this type and that will cover it.

In 2006, my adventures were with the ac and the refrigerator. Now it's the toilet. I am becoming a seasoned homeowner.


4 comments:

  1. i love being a homeowner...until i have to pay out money for these types of problems...then it stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I'm glad I'm a renter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, good luck with toilet shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kwizgiver on this one. I tried owning a home for awhile, and it wasn't for me, mostly because of the repairs.

    But enjoy your new toilet!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!