Saturday, February 11, 2012
1. Do you enjoy going to a casino now and again? Yes. Though my most successful visit was my first. I won enough to pay for dinner.
2. What makes you happy most of the time? Lots of little things: Cubs baseball, oldies on the radio, a pretty blue sky ...
3. Are you jealous of someone right now? Yes
4. You're stranded on a desert island with one fictional character. Who is it? Why? Chuck (Tom Hanks in Cast Away). Because he seems like a nice guy and he has experience with these things.
5. Have you ever been in the emergency room? If yes, for what (most recently)? It was ages ago -- more than 10 years because I was still living in my old apartment. I somehow poked myself in the eye with a can opener. I was lucky. I'd done no serious damage and left after a few hours with a big gauze patch over my eye.
6. Where is the last place you drove to just for fun? I don't drive.
7. If you were to make your living as a photographer, what would love to shoot? I'd like to just capture moments and colors that appeal to me. Like this shot. It was my view as I did the backstroke in the pool when I was in Key West over New Year's. I love the fronds against that blue.
8. Tell us about a band you like that we might not have heard. Meet Danny Wilson. They were an 80s one-hit wonder band but oh, what a hit. I relate to the longing. "Save me, save me, be the light in my eyes ..."
9. Where was the last place you went shopping? Why? FYE. Sir Paul released a new CD.