A month ago, many of us were involved in retail, taking care of friends and family on our holiday gift lists. Well, the packages have been opened, the tree is down and the ornaments put away (you have taken all those decorations down, haven't you), and the numbers are in. Here is what many, many of us bought:
1) Amazon Kindle. It was the best-selling e-book reader.
2) Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Not only the best-selling biography, the best-selling book of the holiday season.
3) Rory's Story Cubes. I never heard of this, but it's a massively popular game. The 9 cubes have pictures on them, you roll them, and develop a story based on what you get.
4) Just Dance 3. For wii.
6) Christmas by Michael Buble. The only thing on the list I bought, and it wasn't a gift. I kept it.
7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. The season's best-selling DVD
8) Motorola Droid RAZR. The most popular of the smartphones this year.
9) Baby Einstein Take-along Tunes. Mozart and Vivaldi for wee ones.
10) UGG boots.
11) Hallmark Keepsake Father Christmas Table Top. He is an attractive gent, isn't he?
12) Jones Soda Holiday 4-Pack. This year's flavors were candy cane, gingerbread, pear tree and sugar plum.
13) Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid). The latest in the series. The YA Steve Jobs.
Did any of these make their way to a tree near you this year?