Monday, January 09, 2012

Let's hear it for the gal!

My job is to advertise financial services. You have no idea how difficult that's been for the last four -- count 'em, four -- years. I'm working in a sector where regulations change regularly* and where public trust has declined. I've endured layoffs and reorganizations and rumors of even more layoffs and reorganizations. I don't deny it's been tough.

Which is why I want to take a moment to enjoy this ...

• My client reports that our recent direct mail effort has done better than any campaign since 2007.
• The product line I concentrate my efforts on exceeded projections, the only one at the company to do so.

I am happy. Happy, happy, happy. Happy that my efforts were successful, and that perhaps the worst of this Recession is behind us!

And grateful. Now I don't have to worry (so much) about the blade at my neck!

*I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm just observing that the changes make my day-to-day more challenging

6 comments:

  1. Good for you, Gal - that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who has worked for a financial planner for 18 years, I feel your pain! Kudos to you for turning lemons into lemonade and being recognized for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome, wicked awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!