Saturday, October 08, 2011

Exhausted!

Friday was a busy day for me post-op, but not busy by real-life standards, and it left me feeling so freaking weary that I'm worried. I'm scheduled to return to work in 9 days. At this stage in my recovery, I wonder if it's normal be so drained simply by --

1) Eating lunch and strolling in the park with my friend Ed
2) Taking the bus for a sit-down with my insurance agent

That wasn't taxing. It's not like I plowed the back 40. And yet I went to bed at 8:00 for a 4-hour nap.

Work is very top of mind for me today since my boss called to (1) check on me and (2) let me know that I got my first raise in more than 3 years. 5%! Yea! I'm eager to hurry back and start earning it.

I see the doctor again (and hopefully for the last time for a while) on Monday. I must be sure to report this to him. While I'm eager to return to the office, I didn't go through all this agita to just to have a relapse!

1 comment:

  1. you will be fine. healing is a slow process during those first weeks. the first couple days back to work will be tiring...but the body will come back to normal quickly!
    just think...the worse is over!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.