Thursday, September 29, 2011

I loves ya, Cigna!

$892.58. That's what I owe for my hysterectomy after insurance. I had estimated that I'd owe $2,000 or so. I'm not surprised that my estimate was so far off -- I've never been good with math -- but I am delighted. What I hadn't counted on was that my insurance company would pay 100% of certain charges because the hospital was "in network."

What a relief! My doctors' bill will come separately, I know. But I still have $1,100 that I'd earmarked for surgery that I can now use for that.

And I'm so happy and grateful I have good benefits!

5 comments:

  1. That's fantastic!!!!! I know that was a stressor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:24 PM

    That's great news! I agree that it's wonderful to have good insurance (which I happen to have as well). Whew - lucky us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 PM

    I'm terrified to think what that would have cost without insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news! you may even have a few bucks left over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the UK .. people who are employed pay national insurance which works out at approximately 9 % of their weekly pay cheque.

    The prospect of worrying about the doctors bill just does not come into the equation, whilst its by no means a prefect system (the unemployed pay nothing) it is one which I miss very much now that I am living the the US and having to pay for health insurance.

    Hoping you make a full and speedy recovery.

    Yours Aye
    TBD

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.