Sunday, May 29, 2011

At least I'm not "under water"

I'm reading the latest official county assessment for my condo. It's a good news/bad news situation.

On the one hand, this home of mine -- the biggest investment I'll ever make -- is worth 19% less than it was last year. Naturally this is not a feel good.

On the other hand, at least it's worth more than I owe. 44% more than I owe, to be exact. This makes me happy.

Also, while it never makes me happy to see my biggest investment is worth less than ever before, it's not all bad. After all, since my condo has been devalued, the upcoming property tax increase won't take such a big bite.

So I'm still financially afloat.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.