Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: Another 14 Question Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. Lots of pillows or just one? Describe your pre-sleeping rituals. I sleep in a full-sized bed with two pillows. This is, I believe, rather standard.

2. What kind of books do you read? See the bar at right. As you can see from my blog template, I love books and I'm always reading something.

3. What are your neighbors like? There are eight condos on this floor, two empty. (Welcome to the age of foreclosure.) The six of us who remain are a pretty diverse lot: Newlyweds with a lot of tattoos, a couple that frequently has his college-aged son from a previous marriage staying with them, an older couple whose kids are gone but whose young granddaughter visits (and stops by to play with my cat, Reynaldo), a very nosy retiree, a family with a new baby, and me, the cat lady.

4. What's really creepy to you? Clowns. See? Even lovable George Bailey, Bedford Falls' favorite son, looks creepy in clown make-up.

5. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction? The Beatles and the Cubs. If you needed to be told that, you don't come here often.

6. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory? Yes. That's why I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups so much.

7. What was the last thing you expensive bought? My airline ticket to Los Angeles (ORD-LAX) was $279.

8. What is your greatest fear? A plane crash.

9. Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave? Yes. Mark Harmon.

10. What do you do to change your mood? Since Mark Harmon often isn't available, I listen to the Beatles.

11. What was the last meal you ate that you loved? Last weekend I had a huge, gut-buster breakfast of eggs, wheat toast, hashbrowns and a ribeye steak. And then I took a long nap.

12. Do you want to learn another language? If so, why? I am taking a weekend crash-course in Spanish this winter. I think it'll be fun. I chose Spanish because I have a friend and a coworker who are both fluent and can help me stay sharp.

13. What's something that you'd like to say to someone right now? "Come play with me." I miss my best friend very much.

14. What are you looking forward to? I have a lot of vacation time scheduled between now and the end of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Good answers. Clowns are indeed creepy. That breakfast sounds great. Good luck learning Spanish. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about clowns. Love the cat lady :)

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/did-you-know-the-national-mean-travel-time-to-work-in-2009-was-25-1-minutes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark Harmon is HOT. I love NCIS! Clowns are really creepy. I think any distortion of the face is creepy. $279 is a good deal! lol on the plane crash answer that followed. Yummy breakfast...now I may have to whip one up here for you know who. Hope you can enjoy your vay-kay time! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The George Bailey pic is a riot! I just finished the John Lennon game. Kathy and I did all six week's worth yesterday because the deadline was at midnight. It really wasn't so hot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I chuckled at #9 & 10. :-)

    I can't wait to hear all about your vacation adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.