Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Honesty

Day 10 :: Someone you need to let go or wish you didn’t know
My oldest friend's daughter. I believe she's a nice girl, deep inside, but she's running amok, and I'm sorry I know about it. A high school freshman, she began smoking pot and cigarettes over the summer, has been making out with other girls, and posts comments like "Itz Halloween motherfuckers" and "u r a fag but my fag" on her Facebook page.

I have mentioned to my oldest friend that her daughter needs a tighter leash, that more attention should be paid, but to no avail. I realize that since I am a barren spinster, mothers don't appreciate my parenting tips. I plan to "unfriend" the girl if things don't look different by the end of the month. Reading her words and learning of her activities bother me, and there's nothing I can do about it, so knowing it serves no purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Hm, have you considered sending a message to your friend's daughter yourself and explain to her that you are worried about her wellbeing. Since you aren't her mother, or even a relative, perhaps she'll listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfriending her is your smartest move. It's a shame that some moms think that having a child gives them all the answers with it. We barren spinsters couldn't possibly have any perspective. (insert eye roll)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.