Wednesday, September 08, 2010

RIP

Crazy Old Neighbor committed suicide. Probably over the long weekend. His body was discovered this evening, when one of his neighbors called the police to complain about the smell. I'm told it was an incredibly foul smell.

I am sorry that his life took such a hateful turn. I am told he was alone, with no friends or family, limited income and lots of money trouble. But I am also sorry that he held our whole building hostage with his destructive impulses.

Even the way he ended his life was selfish.

And yet I feel compassion for how desperate he must have felt.

I say this with all sincerity -- Rest in peace.

6 comments:

  1. That's really sad that he felt it was his only option. You just never know the demons that haunt others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's shocking news! I totally understand your mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The evil one is strong...I hate knowing he can lead humans to the pits of hell....I know this is strong words...but every life is important to God....and for Satan to get to human lives is just so sad.
    Yes I am a strong Southern Baptist, conservative....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza ... well, at least his struggle in the physical world is over. I hope his soul is at peace. We all make choices and like you, I understand that we cannot know what another struggles with.

    Goodness. So alone in his craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like BookMama said, I completely understand your mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:44 AM

    From all of your stories I feel as though I knew this man! Terrible way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.