Friday, July 02, 2010

Water + Beer + Water = OUCH!

I had lunch yesterday at The Taste of Chicago and, since I preferred spending my tickets on food*, I bought a bottle of water instead of having my customary Coke with lunch. Later in the day I took a free Bud Light off the beer cart. Then, to save calories, I had only water with dinner.

And by bedtime I had a headache that didn't respond to painkillers.

It wasn't debilitating, just painful, so I know it wasn't a migraine. I suspect it's because I skipped the Coke -- and the caffeine -- at lunch.

*I had fried cheese ravioli from Harry Caray's booth, peach cobbler from B. J.'s Market and Bakery and, in a bow to tradition, chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick from Eli's. I only regret the ravioli. It was very bland. And, to borrow from Woody Allen, it was such a small portion!

4 comments:

  1. at work they switched to decaf for a while...oh my i had to stop & get coffee on the way to work, till they stopped...i feel your pain sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by the cheesecake on a stick. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Thanks from all of us at Eli's Cheesecake!

    Marc Schulman
    Eli's President

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get headaches when I don't get my coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.