Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm not watching the real-time Cub game. I'm now watching highlights of the 1984 season.

WGN TV is rerunning a special that gives me goosebumps -- Cubs Forever, a retrospective of the last 60 years of broadcasts.

I saw the game that rainy night in July 2005, when my best friend and I were there at Wrigley Field to see my beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux get his landmark 300th strike out.

I know the Cubs are losing to the Dodgers right now, but I don't care really. After the All-Star break we begin again, and I'm predicting a winning streak and a third-place finish, behind Cincy and St. Louis. And then I will declare 2011 as The Year. And someday it will be. Because being a Cub fan is about hope and loyalty. Being a Cub fan is a metaphor for life.

1 comment:

  1. Well, let's hope your prediction is wrong, because they begin with my Phillies.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.