Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh, but I'm a crafty one!


I had Friday off and spent it doing my chores. But I put aside one load of laundry (my darks, to be precise). Then I contacted my oldest friend -- who had to work on Friday -- and asked her if she wanted any help preparing for her garage sale. She said no, she'd hired a consultant to help with that, but she was happy to just hang around. I asked if it was OK if I brought my darks -- which would save me the time and quarters it would take in my building's laundry room. But really, it gave me the opportunity to help her make a dent in that overwhelming pile of dirty clothes at her house. After all, she worked all day and her household is completely disrupted by the garage sale and she's wrestling with whether or not to move to California. My little ruse enabled me to do three loads of her wash, along with mine, without compromising her dignity.

That's why I gave myself a break from "Clean Me" for Friday. Now I have to get back on the stick and take care of my own damn housework!

1 comment:

  1. What a great ruse! I love how you take care of your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.