Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday 5

Friday 5 for January 29: Hoops

1. When did you last feel required to jump through meaningless hoops to get something you wanted? The song and dance I recently did on the phone with Fifth Third Bank. First collections, then customer service, then a customer service rep, before the situation was finally resolved. I'd relate the story in greater detail, but I'd just get pissed all over again. Just know that I in no way endorse Fifth Third Bank!

2. What kind of hula hoop memories do you have? The kids down the block and I didn't play with our hula hoops the way you were supposed to. Instead we played "horse and buggy race." The one inside the hula hoop was the horse, the one outside was the jockey, and we'd race across our yards.

3. How do you feel about basketball? I haven't given it a moment's thought since MJ left us for good in 1998.

4. What do you think of hoop earrings? I love them! When I wear them, I feel like a 1960s hippie chick. This reminds me I should dig a pair out for the weekend.

5. What's your favorite Whoopi Goldberg movie? I'm not a big fan, but Sister Act, I guess. (Love the "hoopi" question, though.)

4 comments:

  1. Sister Act is funny, actually the second one is pretty good too. And I used to do the same thing with my Hulla Hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love big hoop earrings. The bigger the better.

    Sister Act. Eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done this meme in a long time.

    My favorite Whoopi movie is Ghost--she made that movie for me, otherwise I would have hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scratch that... my real favorite Whoopi movie is The Color Purple.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.