Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kathleen's card

The handwritten note my friend Kathleen added to my card touched me deeply. "You bring so many people joy all year. Enjoy the season for yourself."

I admire Kathleen so. She's gone further in her career than I have in mine. Her kids are growing into happy, contributing members of society. Her husband is a complex, challenging (in a good way) man. She's tall and long-limbed. She even teaches Sunday School!

Her life seems so complete and challenging (in a good way), that I didn't realize how much I meant to her, or how I appear through her eyes.

This made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Those kinds of nice "out of the blue" things are awesome, aren't they?? I love getting stuff like that. YEY for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.