Sunday, October 25, 2009

Congratulate me!

I'm my own girl, I march to my own drummer. That's why I have stomach flu and am dehydrated. While everyone else flocked to the Walgreen's Take Care Clinic for inoculation against garden variety flu or H1N1, I show up with gastrointestinal maladies.

The nurse practitioner says there's nothing to be done for me, really -- just Pepto Bismol and Advil every four hours, lots more water, and soup. The worst is probably over, and I should be feeling fine by tomorrow afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Maybe you should try some gatorade too, to replenish the electrolytes you've most likely lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear you are sick, Gal. Take care of yourself. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I am going to say what I bet you were thinking....so how is the weight loss going?

    Hope you have someone there to go out and get you some gingerale and juices to rehydrate. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember the Seinfeld episode where they had a cake and song for every celebration and malady? "Get well, get well soon. We want you to get well!" as sung by the Seinfeld gang and me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely run with a crowd all your own, Miss. I'm glad the worst is over ... take it easy and please, PLEASE don't feel guilty about taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.