Friday, September 04, 2009

HEY, LAY-DEEE!

There may be celebrities that I enjoy mocking more than Jerry Lewis, but none that I have enjoyed making fun of as long. Jerry Lewis is corny, vulgar, maudlin, nasty and often just plain nuts. His massive ego and complete lack of self control make the Telethon one of my favorite TV events of the year.

The sublime ridiculousness that is Jerry Lewis' stage persona doesn't take away from the wonderful work he has done for MDA, and that MDA does to help those neuromuscular disease. Now in his 80s, after winning humanitarian awards and raising over $1 billion for MDA, he certainly doesn't have to put his snarky old self out there for the amusement of smart asses like me.

That's why I already donated $70 to MDA, before the show starts. I want to make sure I do my part to help the charity that has done so much good for so many over the years. Then I can just sit back and enjoy Jer's dopey hijinks in peace.

If you're going to watch the telethon, eager to see how many minutes into the show it takes Jerry to insult someone, I suggest you do the same.

Even if you're not going to watch it, consider making a contribution. They really do help the people who need them. Here's their website.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who works for MDA and find nifty ways to donate throughout the year. My local TV station does not broadcast the telethon anymore. boo hiss

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.