Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's just SNOW!


Yesterday, Illinois did something that's never happened here before. Our governor was impeached. I thought this was a major news story. I must be mistaken, though, since every morning newscast opened with the snowfall.

Everyone I spoke to complained about the snow endlessly! It's January, it's Chicagoland. Snow happens.

I didn't enjoy walking in the street because no one had shoveled the sidewalks. No, I admit standing at the bus stop, waiting and praying that my boots wouldn't leak, was no fun.

But it is pretty, and it is natural and normal. It didn't change my agenda for the day because it's just SNOW!

I think that Governor Bizarre-o-vich (as one of the local papers has dubbed him) is far more worthy of attention and discussion.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Why give him more press coverage? It's just going to his head-I really don't believe he quite understands the wrong in his actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the press conference Friday. He is out of touch with reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch Chicago noon news (at 1:00 our time) and they went on and on, saying athey think he's not realizing that he might be facing serious jail time. He thinks he'll be okay and things will just get better. And denial is a river in Egypt.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.