Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm embarrassingly low-tech

More than a month ago, my ancient DVD/VCR player broke and I got a new one. It couldn't be hooked up to my retro cable box, so I went to Comcast and picked up a new one. I still couldn't figure out how to hook it up. So today I went to Circuit City and explained my plight. I was told that I didn't need a new TV, which was a relief because I like my current little TV. It works well and it fits perfectly atop the cabinet and I may be unemployed soon so I don't feel like spending money on a new set.

After looking at the DVD/VCR instruction booklet I showed him, the gentleman at Circuit City sold me some kind of connector thingie for about $40. I got home and fiddled and played and thought I was following the directions, and still can't get the three components to work in perfect harmony. If I want to watch DVDs on my TV (as opposed to on my laptop), I'll have to have Comcast come out and try to make sense of it.

I predict it will take the Comcast tech about 5 minutes and I'll feel very stupid.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on this. I hate it when I have a problem and our admin comes over and solves it in .057 seconds. He could make it look harder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 AM

    My parents bought a DVD player several years ago...and they STILL have yet to hook it up. They did have my tech savy cousin try though, and he was not able to...so that made them feel a little better.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't feel stupid. I can't even figure out how to use the remotes for all our gadgets that our hooked up to the TV. My hubby has me so confused. LOL!! Sorry to hear that you might lose your job. I'm waiting for the day my hubby loses his due to hard economic times.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.