Wednesday, October 08, 2008

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors

I had a bit of a confrontation with the goody-goody coworker I mentioned earlier. It wasn't much of a confrontation because that's not her style. I presented my concerns and supported them with a chart and background information and all she had was her opinion. I'm grateful that my creative teammates voiced their agreement with me. It took a little over an hour to get this all ironed out and it was stressful, but now it's behind us and we can concentrate on the work.

At least I hope it's behind us.

She's always so measured and controlled that I'm never sure what she's really thinking. My boss' door was closed for a while this morning and I was sure it was her complaining about me.

Oh, it was just me be silly/paranoid. Not only was she not complaining about me, it wasn't even her in my boss' office.

It would help, though, if she was a bit more genuine. Or if I just understood her better. Her inscrutability makes me nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:25 PM

    I think we all get slightly paranoid when it comes to a certain coworker. I know I've been in a similar situation over the years.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.